Have you ever felt as if your physical asana practice has plateaued? Have you had the desire to advance into a deeper physical practice? We will move beyond what we think our physical capabilities are and we will have fun in the process!
Saturday August 17th from 1:00-4:00pm
$35 in advance
$45 day of
In this workshop:
- A strong warm-up using a Dharma Yoga sequence, which will prepare you to open, stretch, and synchronize body and mind required for inversions, arm balances and advanced practices.
- Learn different advanced variations and modifications as taught to Mike by Sri Dharma Mittra.
- Workshop will consist of Pranayama, Asana adn Dhyana along with getting familiar with Ashtanga Yoga.
- Ideal for practitioners who want to advance their practice.
- The focus will be on advanced posture variations.
- A strong warm-up using a Dharma Yoga Level 3 sequence. It will prepare you to open, stretch, and synchronize body areas required for advancing your practice.
- We will bring together what you have learned from all your teachers past and present
- What are Variations and Modifications?
After working on a particular posture for a certain amount of time, the natural progression is to move toward achieving advanced variations of that same posture. This offers challenge to the physical body and to the mental body. An example would be taking Pigeon Pose into King Pigeon.
In order to achieve different stages of variations, modification techniques can be used to move in that direction. We will explore these kinds of modifications. An example would be working on Lotus Headstand, but one must first work on Half-Lotus Headstand in order to achieve Full-Lotus Headstand.
click here to register.
This workshop is a part of Samadhi’s 500hr Teacher Training Program 3 Elective Hours. Contact us for details